Trying to lose weight? Here are 10 helpful tips to begin modifying your eating behaviors.
- Automate your eating by planning your meals ahead of time. That way you’re less likely to make an unhealthy last-minute food choice.
- Oats are your friends! Eating a cup of oatmeal in the morning will prevent you from gorging in the afternoon.
- Foods with healthy fats such as olives, salmon and walnuts help you feel satisfied.
- Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a fat-storing starvation mode, making it harder to burn calories.
- Got nuts with nuts. Eating a handful of nuts will help you stay full. Try soaking them in water for a different texture.
- Use meditation to help you cope with chronic stress, which can lead you to crave feel-good carbs.
- You may be used to fried foods but there are other, sometimes healthier, ways to cook including: roasting, steaming, poaching, baking, braising and broiling.
- Do your grocery shopping with a list and a time limit; that way, you’re less likely to stray into the processed foods section.
- Don’t confuse thirst with hunger. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry to see if that’s what you’re really craving.
- When out at a restaurant, ask the server to hold the bread, snack mix or chips and salsa that might come before the meal. If you’re hungry, you’ll be tempted.
Bonus: Use your weight loss as motivation to keep going, not as an excuse to go back to eating unhealthy food!
Premier Physicians Weight Loss and Wellness
2650 Lake Sahara Dr. Ste. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89117