Whether you are trying to lose five pounds or fifty pounds, weight loss can be difficult. However, the most difficult part is learning how to keep that weight off. Below are three tips to help you lose weight and keep it off. Boost your motivation and metabolism with these tips and the natural remedies they involve.
- Improve your overall level of nutrition. Eat as many different foods as our ancestors did! If you are like many people, you may have fallen into a food rut, eating the same foods over and over again. If you fall into this category, your nutritional status has most likely been affected. Here is a few tips on what you can do about this.
- Take a multivitamin each and every day
- Take probiotics regularly to help you digest your food better
- 1000mg of fish oil with EPA and DHA taken twice daily will help with depression or anxiety
- If you are under a lot of stress, take a B-complex vitamin daily
2. Get more sleep if you are looking to lose weight! Research has shown that if you are getting less than 6 hours of sleep nightly you are 27% more likely to become obese. If you sleep less than 5 hours per night, you are 73% more likely to become obese than someone who sleeps 7-9 hours per night. Poor sleep habits are also associated with diabetes, high blood pressure and substance abuse. Try to go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time each day. Getting a good night sleep is essential to overall good health.
This is what you can do:
Start your day with protein. Protein contains amino acids which assist your brain in producing chemicals that stop cravings. Try some turkey bacon/sausage, protein shakes, tofu or eggs for breakfast.
Eggs scrambled with sautéed spinach, mushrooms, carrots and a side of baked beans
Protein Shake Idea
½ cup of skim milk, 2 scoops of soy or whey protein, ½ cup of frozen blueberries or mixed berries, 1 teaspoon of honey or frozen apple juice, and ice cubes. Blend it all together and enjoy.
Approximately 243 calories
2650 Lake Sahara Dr. Ste. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89117