Avoiding those Halloween snack size delights can be a challenge on your willpower.
Here are some tips to help you avoid over indulging this Halloween.
- Delay the Purchase of Candy: This is a very easy solution to not eating all your favorite candy before Halloween, on Halloween, or the days following. Stores have plenty of candy to sell, but as it comes down to the wire, you may be left with less of your favorites to select. If you happen to buy candy early and they are some of your favorites, hide them deep inside the pantry so that it is less tempting.
- Buy Lower Calorie Treats: When you shop for the candy, consider purchasing some hard candy. Kids love small lollipops sometimes just as much as chocolate. Plus, they have fewer
calories if you want to partake in a piece or two.
- Eat before Trick-or-Treating with the Kids: You will need some energy when you start walking your kids around the neighborhood. Have a healthy meal before leaving the house. If you are feeling full, you are less likely to want to sample the treats.
- Workout: It is fine to enjoy a piece or two of Halloween candy, but do not neglect your workout. Add an extra 15 minutes to your training routine to help offset the additional calories.
5. Bob for Apples: Apples are high in fiber and low in calories! This is always a good call! Set up a station in your front yard for trick-or-treaters to have fun and work for their treat!
2650 Lake Sahara Dr. Ste. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89117